8:18 AM

Weekend Recap

Good Morning,

Let's recap the weekend, shall we?

Friday Night
As we discussed, Friday was a rest day and definitely did include the chocolate-peanut butter raspberry smoothy. Delicious, I highly recommend! I also went for a massage on Friday evening...necessary for my ridiculously tight muscles which are being made tighter by all the exercise...but also very relaxing and lovely. Upon returning home Ray and I went to Futureshop where my sweet man treated me to a new iPod Shuffle....my regular iPod has to be worn on an arm band which does not work well when pushing weights. Anyway, the new (and very tiny) baby is gold and I'm in love with it.

Saturday
First thing (8:30am) on Saturday morning saw me killing myself at a spinning class....which was slated to go for 45 minutes but the instructor was a sub and did a full hour. Lord-ee! By the end of the interval races I had no more turn left in the tension knob, completely maxed out. In the space of about two hours I drank a litre of water, 3/4 litre of gatorade, a litre of protein powder (mixed with water) and didn't go pee once. I also purchased one of the new Tim Horton's Real Fruit Smoothys for my drive to my next destination, post-gym, but it was disgusting! Tasted like fruit punch but with extra sweetness. Really, so sweet I couldn't even drink it, that one got tossed into the trash at my first chance!

Saturday afternoon we went out for a nice lunch and then came home and took a nap, watched hockey in the evening and went to bed at a reasonable time.

Sunday
Sunday was another rest day...well...a non gym day, anyway. I had an at home wax appointment first thing in the morning followed by coffee with my mom, grocery shopping, four loads of laundry, sheet change, a quick trip to London Drugs to replace my gym shower scrubby which got dropped in the toilet on Saturday night, a nap and a decent dinner, gave the man a haircut, watched a little television and the weekend was over.

Food was pretty good all weekend....at home smoothy, nice fresh chicken and goat cheese sandwich, dark chocolate, green salad. The not so good parts would include Pizza Hut, a half a bag of kettle chips, a huge chocolate cookie and some walnut chocolate brownie that I made on Saturday.

Let Monday begin! Today is Long Jog Day and the goal is to jog 4.4 miles (8.1km) without stopping at a pace of 5.6-5.8mph. Wish me luck!

0 comments: