9:24 AM

Ode To A Rest Day

Oh Rest Day, how I adore thee. You gave me an extra 2 hours of sleep this morning (plus I went to bed at 8pm!) and you let me shower at home and make my own coffee.


Rest Day, as much as I love you, unfortunately sometimes you make me feel lazy. When I am going all week like my hair is on fire and then you show up at the end of the week and let me do nothing, I feel like I'm cheating.


We need to rethink how I think about you. You're just as important (if not moreso) than Gym Day. You aren't lazy-time, you're recovery time and self-love time and relax-y time so that when Gym Day shows up again, I'll be ready and able to go.


So, Rest Day, today you are going to include a chocolate-peanut butter-raspberry smoothy for dinner (which I LOVE) and an hour long massage (which I really deserve). You may also include a glass of wine, a popsicle and an early bedtime. You will not include any feelings of guilt, cheating or laziness. You will not try to tell me that my precious few hours of 'no plans' means that it's the perfect time to go and ride my pedal bike on my uphill training route. You will be warm and restful and kind. And when our day together is over and Gym Day shows up on Saturday morning, I will remember that you're coming back over on Sunday and that we will have a lovely time together again.


You play an important part in April Fitness Challenge and I must let you do your thing so that I can rock my thing!

0 comments: