8:47 AM

Day Twelve!

Morning!

AFC Day 12 (TWELVE!) is complete. Day 11 was Long Jog Day and I definitely ran a long one (well, long for me, anyway). 4.4 miles (7 km) in 48 minutes. That's almost an eleven minute mile which is a bit slower than I've been doing (reasons below). I can be very glad that I actually made it through the entire run however I did have to stop for one walking break and the resulting sickness after the run was something I would like to never have again. I thought it odd, around 3.5 miles, that I wasn't really sweating anymore but I didn't think anything of it, I actually thought maybe I wasn't working that hard. Right. I also found it odd that the base of my stomach was hurting. Anatomy not being my strong suite, but you know how it feels like your abdomen has a 'floor' that all the organs sit on? Well that's what was hurting, just sort of aching around half way through.

Anyway, I completed my distance and off I went to the shower where I thought for sure I was going to be sick. Home, dinner, sitting on sofa and I really thought I had the flu. I tried some yoga poses to relax because my entire body was aching and spasming but I just felt like I was going to vomit into my hair so I put the yoga mat away! We went so far as to drive to the grocery store so that I could pick up some gravol, just in case. Ray thought I might need a soft serve Dairy Queen ice cream cone on the way home and I was delighted to find that I was starting to feel better after that. I think that I had a triple whammy yesterday....I think I was slightly dehydrated, combined with my heart rate being already quite low (dr appt today) and plus I didn't fuel properly prior to the jog, not like I normally do anyway. I went to bed early and thank heavens this morning I feel fine, if a little tired.

This morning's gym date was a warm up on the eliptical and then an hour of upper body weight lifting along with some power squats (works the INSIDE of the thighs) and some arse and ab exercises on the floor.

Feeling pretty darn good that I'm already at Day Twelve and haven't used my No Way Day yet although last night I thought for sure today would be the day. I have yoga tonight and then another early bedtime, methinks.

Have a great one!

0 comments: