8:00 AM

Not Good Enough

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to make sure that I made my best effort for the next month and whatever the results end up being, that is going to be the best I could do. The next immediate thought in my head was "Oh dear Lord, what if my best isn't good enough?! I should totally have a 'free' day (or several) sometime this month so that if my best turns out not to be very good, I can just chalk it up to Free Day(s) and it really wouldn't have anything to do with ME, but with a bad choice or two that I made."

Riiight. Crazy!

It's not really that crazy though, is it? That self defeating attitude isn't crazy at all, it's self preservationist. If you can blame something else for your lack of results (real or perceived) then you don't have to blame your own shortcomings (again, real or perceived).

Right now I still refuse to set any goals beyond showing up for my schedule every day and doing my absolute best (which includes fueling for my challenge). I'm going to have to figure out a way to be accepting of whatever result I get.

Any suggestions?

0 comments: