10:52 AM

Be Mindful

I hear people use this word often when it comes to healthy lifestyle. "Be mindful." But what does it mean? I guess it means something different to everyone and perhaps even something different at different times. I've used it as an excuse to eat crap, because I "knew" what I was doing, I wasn't doing it blindly. I think that's not really what people mean. For me, right now in my AFC schedule, it means that I need to think about what I'm doing each day and what that activity actually requires. It's so easy to tell myself "Well I went to the gym this morning!" and then order a 1200 calorie breakfast skillet at the local restaurant for dinner. Sure, I went to the gym this morning but I guaranTEE you that I did not burn off anywhere near enough calories to account for that menu choice. Nor am I an Olympian who 'needs' that much fuel to feed her muscle. In reality, I burn about 300-500 calories per gym visit (sometimes more if I'm really rocking it) and that equates to not a hell of a lot...not if I want to lose a couple of pounds, too. I've also gotten stuck in the trap of eating 'whatever' and justifying it the same way as above, I workout so I can eat whatever I want. It does work...to a point...and then it stops working. So, all that said, my goal for this month is to:

I will be mindful of what I'm eating, the quality and quantity and I will make sure that I am giving myself the best possible chance to succeed. At the end of April, there will be no regrets, no excuses, whatever I achieve is the best I could do. Honestly. PS. I can't figure out how to make paraghraphs...I type my post in paragraphs and then blogger eats them. Just so you know....I DO know where my "Enter" key is located.

0 comments: