7:37 AM

Frustrated!

I was going to talk about focus this morning and how being focussed and being aware of exactly what you are doing can often times propel you forward just as much as when you can completely zone out and the miles fly by (yes, I am jogger).

But. It will have to wait. I have more pressing issues. I need to bitch and hard at that.

Now, this may be just me whining and cry-babying, but hear me out. I do not understand why I get injured all the time. Every time I turn around I'm dealing with something else. Shin splints. Plantar Faciitis. Atrial Tachycardia. Knee injury. Lower back pain. Shoulder injury. And these are all things that have happened or are currently going on in the last 6 months. That seems a bit excessive.

What I don't understand is WHAT MORE CAN I DO?????? I already lift weights to increase my muscle (which protects your joints and ligaments), I'm learning yoga, I vary my cardio so I'm not overtraining, I stretch after every workout and every night before I go to bed. I go to the chiropractor regularly and I go to massage regularly.

It's not like I create little minor injuries so that I can sit on the fat couch and eat bon bons. I push through. Or modify. Or switch up. Injury/illness does not mean sit on the sofa in my world so I figure it can't be the mind/body connection trying to buy excuses to laze about.

I guess I'm just frustrated. Beyond frustrated. How are you ever supposed to get anywhere when you have to stop every 5 minutes to put air in the tires? You'd be exhausted before you ever left the neighborhood.

I work hard. I eat what you're supposed to, I take all the vitamins, I get up at 4am to go to the gym, I fuel properly before and after workouts to maximize the results, I bust my ass at spinning class, I put in the miles and the time and the effort, in reality, more effort than is normal. And I just spin my wheels.

*exhausted sigh*

2 comments:

Tara said...

Nothing more frustrating than wanting it so bad and doing everything right and yet not getting the cooperation from the universe or your body.

I feel your pain and frustration. I so do. And I wish I had an answer or suggestion but I don't.

Just here to cheer you on and let you know that I understand, in my own way. Keep on keeping on (but don't be afraid to take a break if you need it). Do what you have to do to heal and keep fighting the good fight.

P'cess said...

The one thing you don't list there in all the things you're 'supposed' to do, is rest... get up at 4am, go go go till nine or ten at night... work out six days a week... perhaps your body IS trying to tell you to sit on the fat couch and eat bon bons every once in a while...
Just sayin'