3:50 PM

Four Days Off And Already Distant Memory

G'day! Happy Post Easter Sugar Crash!

I am fortunate enough to have been able to take a vacation day so that I had a four day Easter weekend. Four days with which to recover and recharge and rejuvenate (and eat an insane amount of bunny). And? I'm not so sure it really worked. I mean, I guess it did, we got to ride bikes and have yummy dinners and spend time together and giggle and be silly together.

But as far as being recharged for more? More lunch making, more gym bag packing, more cooking, cleaning, organizing etc? Not so much. I'm about done with being the person who has to do everything and while normally I'm unwilling to ask for help, that ends today.

There are things that Ray can do in order to help me out. He can fold laundry if I bring it upstairs, he can unload the dishwasher throughout the day while I'm at work, he can put dinner in the oven, make grocery lists, take some recycling downstairs each time he goes, sort the newspapers for garbage day. There are lots of things that he can do to take the heat off of me and I just need to remember to let him/ask him. So that's that. It doesn't serve anyone's best interest for me to be a martyr. Nope.

This weekend I skipped spinning on Saturday morning and I skipped Long Jog on Monday in favour of four straight days of gym rest. I was fully ready to go back this morning and lift some weights, but I did NOT prepare myself mentally for getting out of bed at 4am and sadly, I was a skipper today. I have the last yoga class tonight and I am definitely ready for the gym tomorrow. I'm going to do a morning jog and see how that goes. I crave to get moving, I just need to get back to getting out of bed! Plus, I really liked the direction Ye Olde Body was headed in before my break(down) and that takes some effort. I'm ready for cleaner eating (and less of it, harder workouts starting in May and then middle of May I get to do the big bike ride.

I've realized that I'm in need of rest when I can get it and that no one expects me to have everything done all the time. Sitting on the sofa is just fine if that's what needs to happen....it just doesn't need to happen all of the time.


They finally put up the route for my bike ride so I can see where I'm going on May 15th. Seeing it made me all the more excited and ready to get out there. It bloody better not rain, warm sunshine is the way to be!

Ray is going out to his buddy's to watch the hockey game tonight, when I get home from Yoga I'm going to watch the hockey game in my snuggly bed where I will hopefully fall fast asleep following a winning game. 4am comes early and this time, I'm ready! Excuses don't get me anywhere...only dedicated consistant action changes the outcome.

0 comments: