8:13 AM

I Have Some Questions

What I need is a little assistance today in the form of a sort-of-survey. Answer anonymously if you like, that's totally fine.

Where do you find your inspiration to maintain a healthy lifestyle or get out for a jog or wake up early and go to the gym? How do you turn off Bad Brain and let Good Brain take over?

Does keeping a regular strict schedule help you or hurt you?

Do you find that doing things like recycling and composting and living green help you to treat yourself better also?

Does looking at fitness or fashion magazines propel you to work harder or sink your self esteem?

What do you use for overall, longterm inspiration?

Do you have any tips/tricks for shorterm, in the moment, kick it harder inspiration?

1 comments:

Tara said...

My inpiration comes from a few different places. Having been through a lot of struggles in the past few years where my body (and mind) suffered, I'm anxious to get back in control of my body and my fitness. I have a strong desire to lose weight right now and it keeps me going.

Another inspiration is my sleeve tattoo. I think a sleeve tattoo on a big fat arm is not overly sexy. Quite the opposite.

As for getting out for a run or heading to the gym - with two small kids it is my escape and I desperately look forward to it. Yes, it's work but it feels good to be free and doing something good for myself.

I don't/can't keep a regular strict schedule. I do the best I can when I can. I take advantage of free time when I have it. I make time for exercise whenever I can. And when I can't? I just can't. It is the way it is.

Recycling only makes me feel good when i take my beer bottles back and I get some cash in my pocket from it.

I don't read fitness or fashion magazines. As far as fitness goes I feel like there are far too many opinions and strategies out there and I don't want/need to read about them. What I'm doing is working and I'm good with that. As far as fashion, I just buy what I like in the store and what feels/fits good.

My overall, longterm inspiration is just to feel comfortable and healthy and fit in my own body. I hope I recognize it when i get there.

Being in the weight loss trenches still, my short term inspiration is hopping on the scale once a week and seeing a lower number each time.

Hope this helps - I know you're in a different place than I am.