11:32 AM

Two More Days!


Happy Friday! It's only two more days until my big bicycle event. I will be riding 40km (25 miles) with my girl Pedals (I really need a better picture of the two of us) but unfortunately Mother Nature is being kind of a cow and it's supposed to rain on Sunday. :( I have rain gear and waterproof foot covers, helmet cover etc. But I am super excited about doing this ride and my enthusiasm is taking a bit of a shit kicking right now because of the weather forecast. Ah, well....not much I can do about it. I guess it'll put my new rain gear to good use.

I am having a bit of a mental debate about this ride too. It's 40km all in one go and the fat girl in my head is throwing a parade and making the list of all the things that she wants to eat because we're going FORTY KILOMETERS! The fit girl who would like to still drop a couple of pounds and doesn't want to feel like a bag of shit at the end of this does not agree and would like to eat a little more but not go off the rails. It's a bit of a battle right now. It'll be interesting to see who wins this battle...because right now, I couldn't tell you what's going to happen.

My original plan had been to put up tweets and FB along the way but in the face of rain, my iPhone will likely stay tucked away, dry and warm. Ray is going to be taking some pictures and I'll take some when I am finished which will all get posted here after the event, but beyond that, I think no updates. Besides, I doubt very much that this is interesting to anyone other than myself.

In other news, I told Ray about my Half Marathon plan and figured I would get a lukewarm reaction at best but he was very supportive and was helping me make some plans to get my back fixed and get some orthotics for my feet so I'm more comfortable and less injured. I was really impressed by his reaction, actually. As soon as my back doesn't seize up every time I jog, I'm going to adopt the first four weeks of the half marathon training and see how that goes. The training giude I'll be using is
Hal Higdon Half Marathon for Novices and the first four weeks are pretty much what I do/can do now, I just don't run that many times a week...the distances are fine, I need to get used to the frequency again.

Anyway, that's all for me at the moment. We're going out for pub dinner with Ray's daughter and fiance tonight...I believe I will be having a Thai chicken wrap with salad. Not too off the rails, right?!

1 comments:

Tara said...

I'll be thinking of you this weekend. I hope it all goes well. You are going to feel so freakin' accomplished once you cross that finish line on Sunday.

Enjoy your pub night tonight.