8:31 AM

Oh Tuesday, You Got Me Again!

Morning,

Much like last Tuesday, at 4am this morning when my alarm went off, I chose to reset it to 6am and go back to sleep. I refuse to feel guilty about this. Best laid plans are just that, plans, and the plan I made a month ago for May didn't work for this morning. It's an unfortunate time of the month and I feel like crap and getting up at 4am wasn't in the cards. No worries, no guilt.


I jogged 5km yesterday after work, 34:13. It was one of those days when I felt like I could have gone forever. One of those rare days when it didn't feel like work, it didn't hurt and I wasn't begging for it to be over. The unfortunate part is that I had to leave after 5km because we had to go and vote.


On Sunday I am hoping that the weather is going to be lovely (or at least not raining) because there is a Mother's Day 5km jog in Port Moody that my mom and I are going to do, but only if it's not raining. I'm all stoked up for it and I don't want it to get rained out, 5km through Port Moody Inlet will be lovely on a sunny morning. It doesn't look that promising right now but it's still a long way off, fingers crossed!


That's really all I have today. I think that when I get home from work we're going to be doing some yardwork, ripping out a couple of trees with the truck/winch, which I will cut up at a later date. Dinner is going to be Maple BBQ Salmon Kabobs with grilled asparagus and jasmine rice. Canucks play at 6pm and there is still some wine left in the bottle so it should be a nice evening!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I used to buy those Maple BBQ Salmon skewers all the time but can't find them anymore. Do you make them yourself or did you buy them somewhere?

Shannon said...

I got them from Thrifty's. They had a sale this week, two for $7.

I'll let you know how they are.

Tara said...

Thanks, I'll look for them next time I'm in there!

Enjoy your dinner and your wine and hopefully the Canucks game is enjoyable too.

Also - in my opinion, you did the right thing by sleeping longer this morning, specially if you did 5km last night. Not enough rest in between for a 4am wake up and work out.

Shannon said...

Thanks Tara. I am preachy when it comes to telling people to listen to their body but I don't follow my own advice. I know the difference between trying to beg off out of lazy etc and what it is when I just need the rest.

Rest was the order of the day this morning, tonight I'll garden, tomorrow some workout.

;)