8:50 AM

A Concerted Effort

Good Morning,

For the next three days, I am going to make a concerted effort and not for the activity you might think. I am going to make a concerted effort to keep a smile on my face and to gently remove that high anxiety, annoyed feeling that I seem to be feeling quite often.

You see, I am a young and vibrant person and I don't think that walking around with a scowl on my face is really that becoming, nor is it particularly healthy. I'm not saying that I'm snarly all the time but these last few months have really exposed some of my less flattering traits and that needs to stop. I am an adult and that means that if it pisses me off into a dishes-slamming rage to have to unload the dishwasher, I have the ability to just walk away and come back when I won't do something that will cause either bleeding, embarassment or the need to buy new dinnerware. Grocery shopping is not a contact sport and washing the darks shouldn't make you want to punch someone.

So this weekend, starting today, I'm going to make a concerted effort to be jolly. I am going to keep 'happy' and 'relaxed' in the forefront of my brain and make the best of the whole weekend, even the parts that I don't really appreciate.

Saturday morning I'm heading to spinning at 8:30am (my big bicycle ride is fast approaching!) and after that I'm going to do an hour of upper body weight lifting...not because I have to but because I really enjoy it and I missed a day this week which makes me feel ripped off...not guilty! On the way home from the gym I'm going to drop in on my hairdresser and beg her to, at the very least, trim my bangs so I don't look like a sheep dog any longer. And then I believe I will be meeting my man at home and probably going for a nice lunch.

I hope you also have a relaxed weekend, maybe you'll join me over the next three days in my effort to make a mental mind shift back to the positive. Let me know how you do!

0 comments: