7:59 AM

Women Riders Rock!

Today is International Female Ride Day. All over the world today, women are hopping on their bikes and riding to work, for coffee or just around the block to celebrate ourselves, each other and our sport.

In my opinion (and Ray's) there is nothing sexier than a woman riding her own bike. I'm not completely sure what it is except for perhaps the juxtaposition of a woman, delicate, gentle, pretty, riding a big powerful man's machine.

Being a woman on a bike, especially if Ray isn't with me, garners me the most looks, winks, waves and smiles than any other time. I get constant second looks and head turns when I'm sitting at a traffic light and the weird thing is that it makes me smile inside. Normally it would be lecherous or slimy having these guys give you a wink or a nod as they drive by, but on my bike it's flattering and a little bit hilarious. You see, I'm just a regular woman with a day job and laundry to do and dinner to make and a jog to get done. But put me on a bike and somehow I become mysterious and strong and sexy and those winks and nods and smiles are very empowering!

Throttle on, ladies!

1 comments:

P'cess said...

I found some comments on the template website with info from the designer about the technical flaws... and then messed around to get the categories thing removed etc... yay me!